30 Miles in the San Jacinto Mountains

It was a tough day. Hardest run I've been on in awhile, and I have whole grab-bag of excuses to choose from including, but not limited to: my legs are still feeling Miwoky, I've been subsisting on a diet fit for a Hindu ascetic, going from sea level to 11,000 feet, and trying to keep up with Chris.


Fortunately, the scenery and the weather were beautiful and the company was entertaining. Even though this was not a race, I'm currently compiling a result sheet for Ultrasignup.com, but unfortunately Chris' time will be docked due to illegal off-trail passing. Injinji/Eliptigo athlete Angela Shartel maintains a high-percentage ranking mostly due to her bowling skills. Jess gets a bump because he ran on a broken toe, and I was docked some time due to excessive rest stops.

Really, all I wanted to do when I got home was eat a hamburger and drink a beer, so I ate some portabella mushroom tacos and drank a lemon Perrier. Not the same.

Here, look at some pretty pictures.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Ratings and Recommendations