21 Day Cleanse

Some of my better decisions have been made in the haze of a lingering hangover. I drank too much last night, and that second helping garlic bread has formed a salt/butter/wheat ball in my stomach, so after my second cup of coffee, I've decided to embark on a 21 day cleanse.

I have been proud of not denying myself food/alcohol/desserts. In fact, this past weekend, I was having a conversation with someone dressed as Michael Jackson, or maybe it was Spicoli or Madonna; it was definitely someone at Kara's Awesome 80s Prom Party. After a few good beers and a couple of glasses of something called cucumber lemonade (pretty sure there was something other than cucumbers and lemonade). I was explaining about how good food and good beer go with running, and how I would never deprive myself because, well, that's part of the reason I run so much. It's a good theory, especially as told to a white(r) Michael Jackson while steadying myself with one hand grasping the counter and another holding a Sculpin, but right now, after a week of post-race binge eating and drinking, I'm feeling the effects, I think in modern medical terminology, this condition is known as bad humours.'

I'm a firm believer in moderation. I don't believe in the (insert the shake/fruit/fad of the month here) diets, but I do know that I need a break from the overindulgence of the past few months.

I'm using this site as a guide and I'm committed to removing the following from my diet for the next 21 days:

Sugar
Alcohol
Caffeine
Animal Products
Gluten

Everyone does a before and after shot for these things, right? Here's mine.
Part of me just sees this as a challenge, something to test my willpower, and that's the main reason I'm posting this. I figure if I put it out there, I will be more accountable and more likely to follow through with the test.

I'll try to post a weekly update on my progress, and if I don't, just picture me like this:


I also pledge to not preach about this, mainly because I hate being told what and how to eat, except if the advice is from a fruitarian, but just because...fruitarian.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ratings and Recommendations