Core Workout for Runners (Video)

I put together a very amateur (not quite wood paneling amateur, but close) video for the Gatorade program that I am a part of, and I wanted to share it here as well. Please excuse the not-so-subtle product placement (and the bathroom shots).

I tend to let the strength work fall off when I am in the middle of training for something; I figure if I only have time for one thing, running or strength, then I should choose running. However, I have been doing more strength work than I am used to in order to prepare for the Canadian Death Race. I'm pretty sure that my body is going to take quite a beating, so I have been working on strengthening my legs, back and abs to deal with it. I don't have time to go to the gym, so I do 2-3 strength workouts a week in my office. Unfortunately I don't have a fallen log to throw around, so I make do with what I have (a couple of dumbbells, a physio-ball and a pull-up bar).


I like to mix it up, and not stick to these particular exercises, so if you have a favorite, please share it in the comments below and I'll add it to my repertoire (which is a word I just added to my repertoire).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ratings and Recommendations