New Year's Day Trail Run with Pictures and Video

I can't think of a better way to start off the year than a beautiful trail run with friends and family.  This year, our 3rd Annual Hangover Run, drew more than 50 people, including 10 kids.  For many of the hikers and runners, it was the first time ever running the trails in the Elfin Forest Recreational Reserve, and for some, it was their first attempt at trail running.  I'm pretty sure I had a big stupid grin on my face all day as I shared the trails with friends I've been running with for years, and some that I met that morning.  I took it easy, stopping and talking to some of the kids, including my two older kids who hiked 6 miles with my mom, who informed me that my son had jumped in every mud puddle he passed, having too much fun to realize this was a workout.

Happy New Year,

Dax








I was hoping the music would cover my heavy breathing, but no such luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ratings and Recommendations