Miwok 100K

"Smile, breathe and go slowly" - Thich Nhat Hanh


I entered the lottery for the Miwok 100K trail race and I just found out I am in.  100K is 62.2 miles and if I did the calculations beforehand I probably wouldn't have entered.  I paced at this run last year for my friend and ultra-runner Jeremy Scarbrough.



The course starts near Sausalito, across the Golden Gate Bridge from San Francisco and runs through the Muir Woods and Marin Headlands.  There is a total altitude gain of about 10,000 feet.  From the parts I saw last year, it is a gorgeous course and should be a beautiful run.  Last year's race was cold, rainy and windy and it was supposedly one of the worst conditions that the race has seen, so hopefully we are due for some mild weather this year.


To train for this run, I have enrolled in the Slowtwitch challenge of running 100 times in 100 days.  I figure this will give me a good base to build on and I will be able to add some long back to back runs in the months leading up to Miwok.  I have never run this far, and I hope I will finish with a smile on my face.



altitude profile

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ratings and Recommendations